Preparing healthy lunch isn’t as hard as you think. In fact, you don’t have to break a sweat if you don’t want to. Healthy lunch can be prepared within minutes, with the help of various means. If you aren’t into cooking very much, you can always throw in some combinations of ingredients and put it in the microwave. Within minutes you already pack your healthy meal with compromising the healthy contents. There are some great ideas for healthy lunch recipes ideas that you can try to satisfy your palette as well as improving your own health in the simplest way.
Recipes for Vegetarians
Don’t worry; you will be surprised to find tons of healthy and yet tasty meals for vegetarians. The combination of natural and healthy ingredients is easily done, and you can enjoy the healthy benefits of consuming them on daily basis.
Try baked kale and broccoli stuffed potatoes with twice baking process. You will be surprised of how hearty the dish is. It is healthy, it is fulfilling, and it is healthy, especially perfect for rainy days. You need to:
- Preheat the oven first, while at the same time scrub the potatoes and create a hole with a fork. It will be used to place the fillings.
- Place the already poked potatoes on baking tray and bake it for 60 minutes. It should be tender when you remove it from your oven.
- When you are waiting for the potatoes to bake, chop kale laves and cooks it in boiling water for around 2 minutes. Drain it and let it cold under cold water, and put it aside.
- Slice the potatoes lengthwise, and scoop the inside into a blender. Make sure that around ¼ inch of the flesh is attached to the skin.
- Add kale, broccoli, and milk and blend everything to smooth. Season it with pepper and salt, depending on your preference.
- Scoop the pureed mixture into the skin add up grated cheddar cheese. Bake it for 10 minutes.
- Change the setting of your oven to broil and leave the potato for another good 3 minutes until the cheese turns brown. You can serve them.
Tasty zucchini noodles along with combination of tomato and leek sauce. Making zucchini pasta is quite simple and easy, and when you add it with the homemade and tasty marinara sauce, your lunch is just perfect.
- Cut the zucchini into small slices or spiral noodles form. Set it aside,
- Heat up olive oil in medium heat. Add leek and onion, season it with pepper and salt.
- Add tomato puree and mix it well
- Make sure to stir it until the mixture is thick enough.
- Prepare the zucchini and pour the marinara sauce on top of it. The zucchini will be soft from the warmth of the leek and tomato sauce.
Prepare the cabbage rolls with mushroom filling. Cabbage rolls are the perfect options for fresh veggie-meal, and the addition of mushroom will add the tastiness of the flavor. This is a very easy recipe, considered as comforting meal for laid-back moments – such as the lazy weekends.
- Prepare around 10 big outer cabbage leaves that are intact and in good condition.
- Boil a big pot of water, throw in the cabbage leaves, and let it simmer. Cook it for around 5 minutes to soften the leaves, but don’t let them fall apart. Drain it and set it aside.
- To make the filling, warm olive oil, add up garlic and onion. Sauté it and let the onion turns soft. Add up salt, chopped mushrooms, and pepper. Cook in medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add wine and cook until the wine evaporates
- Add in rosemary or thyme and set it aside to let it cool.
- When it has cool down, throw it in the food processor and mix everything.
- Heat up olive oil, thrown in garlic, and cook it for 30 seconds – it’s time to make the sauce.
- Add tomato sauce and stir. Make sure to lower the heat and add the wine again. Let the mixture become thick for around 10 minutes.
- To fill in the rolls, you need to lay the cabbage leaf, take a tablespoon of mushroom mixture, and fold in both of the sides. Do the wrapping like you do it in a burrito.
- Once you have filled all the cabbage leaves, place the roll within the tomato sauce with the seam side down. Cover the rolls with the sauce – especially on the topside – and let it simmer for around 10 minutes. Your healthy and tasty food is ready to go!
Make the easy and quick veggie chili. The heat from the chili is perfect for cold winter days. Fix one and you will have enough supply for the whole week!
- You need to prepare big stockpot and heat up olive oil in medium level, throw in garlic, peppers, onions, cayenne, cumin, and chili.
- Add up salt and pepper and stir gently to 4 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, beans, and corn, and then boil it.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer for around 30 minutes with occasional stir. If you still feel it necessary, add salt and pepper again.
- Top it off with your favorite garnish, such as shredded cheddar cheese, Greek yoghurt, fresh cilantro, sliced scallions, or low fat sour cream.
- You can store it for a week if you use covered container and keep it in the refrigerator, but you can store it for a month when you keep it in the freezer.
For Microwave Usage
If you don’t want to spend your days cooking, simply use the microwave and you can produce tasty results.
- Meatloaf in a mug. Simply mix ketchup, soup mix, oats, and milk in a microwave safe mug. Add up crumble beef and mix well. Put it into the microwave and use high temperature for 3 minutes. The meat should be no longer having the pinkish hue. Remove it from the microwave and let it cool for 3 minutes. Serve it, add additional ketchup if you feel like it.
- Microwaved salmon. Rinse the salmon and make sure to dry it before adding salt and pepper as the seasoning. Microwave it for around 3 minutes. Poke the center with fork, and you don’t see any bright flesh, it is cooked. Spread the salmon with spicy sriracha sauce or mayonnaise. Add parsley or lemon slice to make it fresh and tasty.